Oh wow. Someone made a full rap soundtrack using tracks from Final Fantasy 6. It’s definitely something different.
Here’s a really interesting video about the Game Genie’s history. I had no idea it went through legal trouble with Nintendo.
I had Game Genie for SNES, Game Boy, and Game Gear. I used that thing to death! Cheating was so fun. Did you remember the Game Genie?
Yoshitaka Amano’s chibi art for FFVI characters
Tadaaaa, second part of the #FFVI fresco (third part won’t be there till next year ;) ). Share the hell out of it if you want the last one!
Square Enix is on a roll re-releasing Dragon Quest classics for mobile. Today they released Dragon Quest 2!
Also, Terra Battle (by the Final Fantasy creator) that I mentioned the other day is officially out. It’s free-to-play:
An Animated Earthbound Tribute
A really awesome animated music video dedicated to Earthbound :D
It’s very well made. It’s obvious that the animator passionately loves Earthbound.
Final Fantasy creator Hironobu Sakaguchi will release a free-to-play iOS/Android game called Terra Battle on Oct 9. It boils the ideas of Final Fantasy Tactics into a smaller, puzzle game package. Characters have no limit on how many blocks they can step over in a single turn, but they are limited to only four seconds of movement.
Learn more about the release of Terra Battle here:
iTunes App Store (placeholder page for now):
Android Play Store (placeholder page for now):
Here’s the trailer:
100 Studio Ghibli wallpapers!!
From the link below. I put a few of them above.
That famous fan made Genesis/Sega CD RPG is now out for PS3, PS4, Steam and Ouya! It’s an excellent game. It plays like Lunar.
Here’s the trailer: http://youtu.be/kDNiJYZbXdA
Pier Solar HD Now Available on PS4, PS3, PC, Ouya
Great news for fans of Sega Genesis games who don’t actually want to play them on a Sega Genesis, as Pier Solar HD has been released today for PS4, PS3, PC and Ouya. From the adorably named WaterMelon, Pier Solar HD is a remake of the 2010 Sega Genesis turn-based RPG — the only freshly developed game on the console so far this millennium.
Check back later in the week for our review and scope the features below:
- A 100% Original RPG! Pier Solar was developed from the ground up. An original world, storyline, soundtrack, characters, enemies, and battle style. No ports, translations or copying from any other game – it’s all fresh! The first original 16-bit RPG to do this in over a decade!
- A Massive World to Explore! Pier Solar has 50+ hours of gameplay, over 300 locations, nearly 500 unique treasure chests, and over 800 NPCs!
- Director’s cut! Pier Solar expands what was the biggest 16-bit RPG Ever! We released Pier Solar on a custom 64MEG cartridge (the average SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis game size is 12MEG), making it the biggest 16-bit RPG ever! This allowed us to push the 16-bit medium to a precedent setting level, with state-of-the-art aesthetics and things like full-screen cut scenes, background scaling and 3D modes. But Pier Solar HD is more than just a port, the game is getting a Director’s cut, and includes an expanded story with new locations and challenges, that couldn’t fit on its original Sega Genesis/Mega Drive release.
- Epic Battle Tactics! We developed an innovative battle system that puts you in control of up to five characters and includes in-depth strategic moves such as counter-attacks and a special strategy called Gather, which stores energy to unleash even more powerful moves and spells!
- Translated in 6 Languages! Pier Solar is translated in 6 languages: English, Japanese, Spanish, Portuguese, French, and German.
- An Original Soundtrack! A beautiful soundtrack written just for Pier Solar that embodies everything great about a classic retro soundtrack!
– There Are Surprises! We also packed-in many other surprises and secrets like hidden areas and mini-games!
Source: Hardcore Gamer
Incredible Zelda: Ocarina of Time fan art!
You can buy the poster: